The Quality Engineer will work as part of an agile team, developing and establishing quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles. Centered around our cultural norms you will passionately deliver products that meet or exceed the quality standards set for our solutions compliance, functional and performance requirements.
What are the general responsibilities of the position?
- Review user stories and requirements and provide feedback related to testability and effort estimate from a quality assurance perspective.
- Identify, record, document and track bugs found internally and reported externally to the development organization.
- Maintain test plans and strategies to ensure continuity of release quality and ensure proper test coverage of product functionality based on risk, importance, and criticality of product features from a customer point of view.
- Create, maintain and execute automated tests to increase test coverage in the products.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas.
- Collaborate with software/systems R&D in application testing, such as system, unit, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to software engineers and product owners.
- Prepare and manage release notes, as well as, validate the quality of release content.
- Track quality assurance metrics, such as defect density and open defect counts, as required by Senior QA Engineers or Architects.
- Stay current as regards to new testing tools and strategies.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will work as part of an agile team designing and executing test plans and test cases, in automated fashion when possible given technical and economical constraints. He/she will be passionate about delivering software products that meet or exceed the quality standards set for our solutions compliance, functional and performance requirements.
We offer to be part of an expanding work team, which opportunities for growth and development as well as the possibility of working with cutting-edge technologies.