The Frontend Software Engineer will be responsible for acting as a technical leader and mentor for engineers in the team and collaborating with the Architecture Team to define the company’s direction and best practices in all development related to web user interface design and development. It’s expected this individual will be passionate about technology and its applicability to modern user interface design and implementation.
- Coach and assist less experienced front-end developers in all aspects of frontend development
- Develop new user-facing features and maintain and extend existing capabilities
- Build components and libraries to be used throughout organization to create a consistent design language
- Collaborate with the UX team to ensure feasibility and economical sense of the designs
- Create efficient and scalable code
- Investigate latest trends in the market and collaborate with decision makers on defining future direction of frontend development within Ascentis
- Utilize modern coding techniques such as TDD, BDD, etc. in order to keep code clean and easily maintainable
- Effectively learn new programming languages, frameworks, libraries as required and be an agent of change and progress within the team
Computer Science or equivalent degree. High level of spoken and written English language.
3+ years’ experience working and delivering results in frontend development projects
Proficient on web markup in general, HTML5, CSS3
Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize or perform small adjustments to images
Proficient dealing with cross-browser compatibility issues. Proficient using code versioning tools such as Git and Mercurial.
Proficient dealing with web development related ever evolving security issues issues, such as cross-site scripting, cross-site request forgery, etc.
Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment maintain a positive and supportive attitude within the team
We offer to be part of an expanding work team, which opportunities for growth and development as well as the possibility of working with cutting-edge technologies.