The Reporting Analyst provides technical support for developing, maintaining, and enhancing current and future Ascentis reporting and analytic products and services based on the Ascentis vision and following computer science and software Engineering principles. The Reporting Analyst will use various data reporting based tools and data management software to develop, maintain and manage client and internal based reporting products and systems. Reporting based offerings include reports embedded in the HRMS software applications, standalone report offerings, and internally focused reporting and analytics.
- Able to view and understand SQL based data structures and schemas
- Work with team members to understand and develop SQL queries, views and stored procedures in various DBMS, primarily SQL Server and Postgres
- Understand report requirements and able to develop reports to specifications
- Hands on involvement with standard and 3rd party reporting and analytics tools such as SSIS, SSRS, TIBCO Spotfire and TIBCO Jaspersoft
- Ensure that the solutions are delivered within planned timelines and with highest quality.
- Actively participate in a team environment using Agile methodologies.
- Develop unit testing procedures, routines or algorithms.
- 3-5 years’ experience working with standard SQL tools, SQL query languages
- Experience with SQL Server DBMS (or similar)
- Experience with SSIS and SSRS tools
- High level of understanding of standard database schema’s and development concepts
- Critical thinking and analytic problem solving skills necessary, strong communication skills
- Experience producing reports for end user consumption
- Thorough understanding of how business needs drive product features
ADDITIONAL HELPFUL WORK EXPERIENCE DEPENDING ON PRODUCT:
- Experience with data reporting systems
- Experience with Postgresql
- Experience with web servers (Apache, IIS)
- Experience with authentication and data security concepts and technologies
We offer to be part of an expanding work team, which opportunities for growth and development as well as the possibility of working with cutting-edge technologies.