In this role, you'll play an instrumental part in defining and implementing a roadmap for new products dedicated to helping our audience find the information that's right for them and provide a better consumer experience.
The role develops new software product concepts, designs, and/or enhancements to existing product design, that reflect market and user requirements. Conducts research and develops a good understanding of the customer's needs, new technologies, trends in the market, and competitors. Develops requirements documents, functional specifications, and mock ups to clearly illustrate product ideas and concepts. Participates in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including analysis, design, testing, and integration of products as well as the introduction of products to the market. Member of a cross-functional team that translates customer needs and technology directions into product definitions. May participate in the creation of documentation or user guides for new products.
• Lead product development initiatives including competitive and user research and all phases of the product development lifecycle.
• Lead cross-functional teams, serving as product and part project manager, to define product specifications, establish milestones, and direct the development, implementation, and evolution of new features.
• Develop written requirements and define success metrics and associated use-cases for new projects, shepherding projects from ideation to test results analysis and iteration
• Continuously propose new A/B tests to improve conversion
• Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to increasingly complex business or technical problems.
• Assist in prioritizing enhancements and bug fixes.
• Monitor key conversion metrics and A/B tests to support continual optimization of the product and business plan.
• 4+ years of internet product management experience
• Experience in a consumer-focused role working on user generated content, user community growth or direct marketing companies.
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are essential; happy spending much of the day away from your desk connecting with team members in different functional areas
• Strong problem solving, analytical, and decision making skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective action plans to resolve issues.
• Flexible and open to change and new information; is first to understand when team behaviors and work methods need to adapt to new information
• Experience working with user-research to identify and prioritize new opportunities
• Goal orientation and demonstrated record of success in previous endeavors; motivated to deliver exceptional results, driven by a strong work ethic
• A/B testing experience preferred