Responsibilities will include the following:
- Participate in the architecture, design, and development of new features and products
- Establish, improve and maintain best in class software engineering practices
- Support and maintain existing deployed platforms
- Work across the business to understand the needs and strategies of the business and connect that to day-to-day implementation
- Work closely with product owners and operations staff to understand product requirements and
- drive graceful and efficient design choices.
- Demonstrate willingness to help ensure the right quality practices are in place including unit, functional, and system test automation.
- Work with a geographically distributed team.
- Support and troubleshoot external interfaces to a variety of client systems
Software development experience, ideally with a majority in an Agile, CI/CD environment
- 6+ years of software development for Senior Role
- Full stack experience with contemporary web application frameworks
- Experience with Microservices Architecture and both SQL and NoSQL database implementations
- Familiarity with cloud-based SaaS service
- Committed to Test-First and Test-Driven Development practices
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Ability to read, comprehend, and speak English
- Familiarity with data analytics and data lake architectures
- Experience with DevOps, cloud deployments and container deployments
- Experience with test automation frameworks for web applications like Selenium, Cucumber, or Capybara
Position will be Remote. We do not have an office in Uruguay. Individuals should be based in Uruguay though.
Individuals will be on a contract basis and not direct FurstPerson employees.
No set schedule but not a 9-5 job either – we are a fast-paced, growing company that takes a lot of pride in our work, which sometimes means putting in extra hours to get the job done. Targeting 35 to 40 hours per week.
- 12 Month Contract
- Monthly Contract Rate
- Two Weeks Vacation Included in Contract Rate (one week earned each six months)
- The contract will also cover additional holidays that can be determined as part of the contract process.