The primary purpose of this position is the design, develop, testing, document, and maintenance of a software application used for the configuration and the follow up of implantable medical devices.
The primary purpose of this job is to perform work which involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features in development of software for medical devices.
- Prioritizes and implements the embedded software for implantable medical devices and other devices as chargers, interfaces, patient’s controllers.
- Experience in developing software including: analysis, design, coding, and testing.
- Review and participates in writing the device requirements documents.
- Identify miss specifications, errors, contradictions, absence of common requirements, risks of certain requirements, requirements that are out of the scope of the project, for discussing with the team and the customer.
- Propose different solutions and alternatives for open requirements or requirements that are impossible to meet in the plan of the project.
- Coordinate and develops tests such as unit, integration, stress, and regression tests.
- Collaborates reviewing test procedures and plans how to test complex features of the embedded software, writing special codes if necessary.
- Participates in the plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of the embedded software development with the project leader in a part of a major project.
- Responsible of meet the milestones. Completes and prioritizes tasks and assignments.
- Presents and provides data in meetings of the project team. It is also desirable but not mandatory a similar role in specifics technical meetings with the customer.
- Prepares all necessary paperwork and documentation for all projects undertaken.
- Write the design documents, identifying the risks classifying the software according the 62304 and proposing risk mitigations
- Participates in the Investigation and the development of new process technologies of moderate scope.
- Collaborates and participates with the QE teams in the investigations of complaints and CAPA’s resolutions.
- Performs other functions as required.